After 7 years of studying all the elements that make a site convert well (turn shoppers into buyers) and rank well (on the search engines) AWE has launched a new template.
You can check out one example at our new Hannah Montana merchandise store.
Here are some improvements:
- Featured categories on the left navigation (best practice is to have less than 7 featured categories)
- Drawer like shopping cart and account information sections on the right bar (accessible but out of the way)
- Cross-selling features (”customers who bought this also bought” and “You might also like” on every product page)
- Better buttons (especially add to cart)
- Featured items and Bestseller items with images and short descriptions at the top of every category page
- Product lists can now be sorted by bestsellers or product name
- Many SEO features for better on-page optimization (H1 tags, short product descriptions on category pages etc.)
We’re excited about this third template (awestores 3.0) as we continually work to enhance our customer experience.